Sunday, April 26, 2009

Help with Christmas Cactus?

As a Christmas gift one of our customers brought us small Christmas cactus. It was in a small little pot. I kept it on my desk and I kept it watered. Then before I knew it... it was too big for the little cup it was in.





I took it home and put it in a bigger pot with more potting soil and brought it back to work.





It's still growing... but now it just doesn't seem very healthy. The leaves on it seem to be very thin.





I've heard that these plants can live for years and years. I want to at least get mine through one! haha! Does anyone have any tips to get my cactus going again?





(I keep it on my desk at work where it can get a little sun from the window thats near my desk... and i just water it whenever teh soil feels dry)

Help with Christmas Cactus?
I've had one for years and I do not garden.


I have transplanted it into a larger pot .


I use those feeding sticks about 3-4 times a year.You just push them into the soil and almost every time, I get new leaves and a bud !


Good luck. Let me know how it goes.
Reply:since it is a cactus, it needs more sun and since you mentioned that the leaves were thinning out you should try using some fertilizer to condition the soil,nitrates from your local garden shop would do, just make sure you ask for the complete type of fertilizer. there are some fertilizers just for specific functions like to induce flowering or growth.





goodluck!


No comments:

Post a Comment