Saturday, November 14, 2009

What type of Cactus is this???

I have a plant that looks like a GIANT Christmas Cactus - in fact, that's what my mom calls it. The flower is GEORGEOUS and HUMONGOUS! It measures approximately 10", is bright fushia to red and has about 20 petals. It's a delicate flower, looks like a Christmas cacus flower, but I've yet to find one that HUGE, and know what it's called... HELP!!!

What type of Cactus is this???
I think it is a Christmas Cactus. Ask her if she gave it Miracle Grow or steroids!! lol Any way, the older a cactus gets, the larger it gets. My grandmother's cactus is bigger then yours. It is over 20" and more than 15 years old! It blooms regularly, but especially around Easter and Halloween (basically, anytime but Christmas!! lol).
Reply:I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, I HAVE ONE TOO. I HAVEN'T A CLUE WHAT IT IS EITHER, BUT I BOUGHT IT AT THE FULLERTON ARBORETUM.THE FLOWER ONLY LASTS A DAY OR TWO AND THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL.


No comments:

Post a Comment